Monday, June 30, 2014

Creative Closets

So much has happened! A New Year, a new job and a new apartment! I have been so blessed these last few months, but I have been busy leaving not much time for extras like blogging. Moving to a new place has flexed our DIY muscles. Spencer and I have had to get creative. For starters, there are no closets in our new apartment.

This post is about the direction we decided to take when it came to our closets. Below is a list of items we used to create our closets. I hope this inspires you!


  • (2) Book selves
  • (1) Wooden rod
  • (2) Metal shelf brackets
  • (4) Drywall screws
  • (2) 1/2 inch screws
Additional items
  • Shelf extenders- Ikea


The bookcases are from Craigslist. The small bookcase is from a garage sale.
The baskets are from Target. 


I used shelf extenders to get more shoes on the shelf.

Yes, it's not the most beautiful organization but there is
only so much a husband will stand. 

I plan to install a curtain. That post will come later. Stay tuned!














No comments :

Post a Comment